Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Posted by Artesia Beaumont at 11:36 AM
I have been a way for some time. I plan on cleaning up my blog and add great pics and information.
Posted by Artesia Beaumont at 10:02 AM
Sunday, May 11, 2008
A small production I located on the outstanding blog Voyages Extraordinaire...
"I did not lie when I talked about geisha and sakura... Does it get more stereotypically Japanese than these videos? The first was filmed in 1934, but it could be practically any time, as the subject matter is timeless. First we see the serenity of geisha in the bloom of spring, sailing along a treelined canal beneath the pink blossoms of the sakura. Then we see the extensive preparations that go into transforming a girl into a geisha. "
To visit this amazing site, please head towards:
Posted by RF at 5:10 PM
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Per the narrative on YouTube...
This is a woman being dressed in a junihitoe, which is my favorite type of kimono (and possibly my favorite type of clothing.)
Posted by RF at 9:25 AM
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
If you like this photo and want to see more, please stop by either the Flickr Group: SL Kimono, or Dizzy Sparrow's Flickr site.
Monday, April 14, 2008
In the Snow
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
This is mboogiedown's flickr post of a geiko Masayo of Gion Higashi.
Mboogiedown explains that the geisha is on a float as a part of the Hanagasa Kyoretsu, one of the many festivities that celebrate Gion Matsuri.
Mboogiedown has many great real world geisha pictures that are really worth viewing. You can see here pictures at: http://flickr.com/photos/mboogiedown/
Posted by Artesia Beaumont at 12:23 PM
Friday, December 7, 2007
I have been tagged!
Yes, by our adventurous SL blogger friend Eppie Hock of Eppie's Corner ! *smiles
She tagged me so that I would provide you 8 interesting things about me! lol!
Here are the rules:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My eight random facts:
1. I love a little of everything: music, art, culture, technology, movies, crafts, etc (when time allows).
2. I love learning. I know this is a broad statement, but I didn't want to bore you with the details for right now. lol!
3. I tend to support the underdog......perhaps it is because I have been one, and overcome them inspite what predictions and odds are. This made me think of the weather....you know, I just may cheer good old sunshine on if the weatherman predicted a 70 percent chance of rain. giggles
4. I love the experience of meeting really great down to earth (excuse the pun) people in SL from all over the world.
5. I appreciate the people who have encouraged me to follow my dream....but I suppose I should also thank the nay sayers (but not as much) because theyindirectly inspired me to meet my expectation and exceed theirs. *smiles.
6. I love the simple things. I know that this will mean different things to different people.
7. I love the classic black and white movies and actors (The Charlie Chan, Bowery Boys, Bette Davis, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Frankenstien, Werewolves, Mummies, Abbott and Costello, Dean and Jerry, Mae West, Bella Lagosi, Lon Chaney, Price, Plummer, Lee).
8. I love comedy....most of it anyway.
So there. Maybe there is something interesting in this post about me! *smile
I am going to tag: Rafael, Cherry Tokyo, Auberginefleur, Brangus Weir,dandellion, Cap'n Zori Fancypants, Skusting Dagger, Roxette Wise
Posted by Artesia Beaumont at 4:24 PM
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Update, many of the Milla's pictures were no loger available, but you can still view her beautiful pictures at the link below!
I am happy to present our Flickr SL-Kimono Group member Rythmnmuse aka Milla Alexandre! I absolutely love the way Milla has used lighting and textures in her pictures.
So relax, take your time and enjoy the pictures! lol!
Well, I hope you enjoyed my presentation of Milla's picture's as much as I have! I am still working on that historical RL/SL piece....RL has kept me a busy bee!bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
To see more Flickr SL-Kimono Group pictures please click: Flickr SL-Kimono Group.
The Flickr SL-Kimono Group Members produce and submit fantastic kimono pictures.
I would also suggest you check out Felony Fabre's Flickr Group: Second Life Secrets of the Orient.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
The pictures and poetry below is directly taken from the Flickr SL Kimono Group (click name to go to site).
(Forgive my formatting the poem quots. *smiles)
Please go to that site if you'd like to see the entire SL Kimono Flickr group pictures.
To see more of Oola's Flickr work exclusively, click Oola Nuruda.
Someone has picked all our flowers
There's more where those came from
We have no music to buy
We have our heart beats
to dance to
We aren't afraid to be different
We know where our differences lie
& our love tells the truth
Whose mournful cries are these?
Whose yelps of approval?
When will our howls be answered?
Where is the rest of our pack?
Time is stuck on now
because now is
the only time that counts
We're eye ballers
always looking to get an eyeful
We leave no broken hearts or heads behind
We invite them along
We 're the connection
We're the trip
Something clicks when we come together
We don't just read or write poetry
We are poetry
There's nothing exclusive about us
We say what everyone wants
but is afraid to say out loud
Our eyes are kind of wild
We know how to make ourselves at home
We're a cloudburst of delight
pouring ourselves out under love's spell
We're joy riders of the roaring sunrise
We're what nothing can stop
Death won't live long enough to see
the fire go out of our eyes