Monday, October 8, 2007

Flower and Willow

My next kimono shopping trip took me to Flower and Willow owned by Hatsune Yoshikawa. In September, I arrived at her store in Java II to see what she had to offer.

This is the shop in Java II Island

There was a buy one, get one free sale at the time. If you join the update group, you will get a notice regarding sales and new releases, or you can click this link to see Flower and Willow's blog.

While looking at the kimonos, I found that Flower and Willow (F&W) offers a free Tomesode. I immediately put it on *giggles.
Sigh, which do I choose? lol!

Humm....I decided to buy the Jade Koi Kimono. Since there was a buy one get one free sale, I chose the Blue Crysantheum Kimono as my free item. I sent Hatsune an IM of my free selection, and she sent it to me in a very reasonable time.

I had to go back to one of F&W's shop and get more information saw that there were new releases. This photograph was at the Blue Lotus Okiya Location.
So I head back to the house to take some pictures. I start off with my Tomesode (free) pics.

Then, the Jade Koi Kimono.
I hope that you can see the koi, lilly pad embroidery detail on the kimono, and the white crane in the obi. Now it is time to see try on the Blue Chrysanthemum and Waterfalls Kimono that I selected as my free item.
Contact Hatsune Yoshikawa for custom work, she will be happy to do it, if she can.
Also, if you can't get their prim attachments to fit, she will be happy to do custom fitting if you send her a notecard with your shape details.
To go to the Flower and Willow Locations click any of the links:
To see more Flower and Willow kimono pictures, click Flickr sites:
A peaceful way to end the day. Hope your day was wonderful also!

1 comment:

Batou said...

Madam, again you've outdone yourself with the depth and bredth of comparison of kimonos and the photography to illustrate them. Kudos!
v/r,
Rafael Fabre